Analyze your orienteering GPS track
Control is the perfect app for displaying your GPS track on an orienteering map.
Record the track with the Apple Watch app or import the route from a file or directly from Suunto or Garmin Connect. Add a map image and there you go! Think of the app like QuickRoute but for the modern touch screens.
Basic app is completely free to use. For more advanced features, get a Total Control subscription.
Get in Control.
This was exactly the app I was looking for years. As a Mac user I couldn’t use quickroute and this baby does the job even better. Everything can be done within the app take the photo from the map import easily the gpx track. What can I say more apart it’s brilliant!App Store review ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Packed with features
- Configure your speed zones.
- View either satellite image or orienteering map.
- Mark control points and edit their locations.
- Share track image or GPX with your friends.
- Share track & map image to DOMA.
- Share track directly to Livelox.
- Sync your courses with iCloud across your devices.
- Connect your Garmin Connect, Suunto or Polar account for faster imports.
- Compare route choices with What If.
- Check the speed on different sectors with Zones.
Control for Apple Watch
- Track a route – independently without a phone. Route will sync to the phone app once you open it.
- Watch your heart rate, distance and current pace during the run.
- Mark control points with Digital Crown.
Control Apple Watch app is integrated into Apple’s HealthKit which means that you can see recorded workouts in Health & Fitness apps.
Control for iPad
With more screen estate, the customizable panels and split view support, the app is even better & more comfortable to use on iPad. With iCloud, your courses sync to your iPad from your phone for viewing / editing. And vice versa. Keyboard and mouse/trackpad support is included as well as dark mode. You can drag & drop files directly to Control from other sources, like the Files app. iPad users can also use Control in multiple windows.
Control for Android
Control for Android has much same functionality as the iOS app but lacks some features.
With the Android version you can
- Import tracks from GPX/FIT file
- Import tracks from Suunto/Garmin/Polar
- Edit control points & trim the track (move begin & end points)
- See charts, control point intervals
- Add notes
- Share GPX, track image and .control file
- Export track to Livelox
- View replay
We are developing Android version quite heavily still so you can expect the remaining features be soon there as well!
Control for Mac
Our newest addition to Control family of apps is the Mac OS version. You can download it from the Mac App Store for MacOS Big Sur and newer operating systems. Control for Mac takes full advantage of mouse/trackpad, keyboard commands and menus which makes it probably the best experience for hard-core orienteers. Mac version contains all the features of the iOS counterpart.
Control works on iOS 14.0 and newer operating systems. Supported iPhone models are iPhone 6s and newer.
Control for Apple Watch works on watchOS 7.0 and newer operating systems. For best experience we recommend having a Series 4 or newer.
Control for Android works on Android version 8.0 and newer.
Control for Mac works on Mac OS Big Sur 11.0 and newer.
We take your privacy seriously. You’ve heard that phrase before, right? But we really do. We are not backed by any VC funding or any corporation who benefits from spying you. We are also neither selling your track/location data to any third party, nor are we using any ad frameworks.