With the latest updates, Control App version 3.2 for iOS and Mac and version 1.4 for Android, we have implemented support for another sport watch provider, Polar.
Now our Total Control users can track their workout with their Polar watch and easily import workouts directly from Polar’s services. You can also do this from Polar Flow app.
In the past Polar users have had to import manually their GPX files which required several manual steps, and also did not have for instance HR data. Now you can simply go to a run, stop the workout, open the Control app and with couple of taps you have the track with full data right there for you to see.
To be able to import tracks from Polar, you need to give Control access to your workout data at Polar. Setting this up is easy just select “New run” in the main view and follow these steps:
Control lists all your Polar workouts which you have added after this authorization. You cannot import workouts recorded before the authorization, that is an unfortunate limitation of the Polar system.
After you see the list of your workouts, select the workout you want to import and click Import. All done and you are ready to start analyzing your latest run. From the settings menu, you can select an option to import lap markers as control points.
Polar is part of Total Control
Polar support is a feature which is available for Total Control subscribers. Subscribers get many other additional features that are not part of the free version:
- Garmin Connect & Suunto Sync – Easily import your routes from Garmin & Suunto devices
- What If? – Analyse route options and mistakes by comparing route option lengths and execution times
- DOMA – Publish your maps and routes to Digital Orienteering Map Archive
- Course sharing with friends using Control
- Ability to import FIT files
- Replay your course with variable speeds
These all come as an addition to standard features available for all:
- View course and pace on orienteering map
- Export route as a GPX file
- Export picture of the map and course as an image
- Sync with other Apple devices using iCloud
If you are hesitant to try the subscription, remember there is also a free 14-day trial which you can get completely free of charge. If you don’t like it, just cancel it before the trial ends.
Having Polar sport watches in our supported devices makes our importing options offering even more complete as we now have all the major sport watch brands represented. There are still more features to appear in 2022, as always, stay tuned!